Sunday, July 8, 2012

Being New

One reaches a certain age where being new is appreciated. I am thrilled when I see something I have never seen before. This week my two precious kitties severed the mouse wire. Not a live mouse, rather a computer mouse. Within a few moments, the darlings severed the wire to my left headphone..my favorite birthday present headphones. Glad my hubby is a handyman and will be able to repair both mishaps from the gremlins. This was new. I have had many cats and this was a first.
Two things I could live without using - tools of any kind and driving. I really should have someone do both for me...seriously.
Yesterday I had a new experience. My eleven year old son and I went to a friend's birthday party. The event was at a raceway where little kids and big kids can drive race cars. I expected the boys would be driving. The party host, my very dear friend, had two extra tickets for driving the race cars around the curvy track. She and I were going to drive the big cars. This may not seem a big deal to most people. But I had just navigated with gps the westside of town freeway while I practiced my deep breathing. Yes, I truly need someone to drive for me. Now I get to drive in a windy course for FUN??? I guess this is fun for most people. I was successful at my one lap around the windy kid sized track. And my friend was at the end of the track waving me in. I really was lost even on the one way circular track. Thankful for friends who flag me in on this windy track of life.

After the big lap

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish someone would've gotten that ride of yours on video! I found your blog through Dana's. Yeah, you!!!

    ReplyDelete